CDC’s Testing and International Air Travel page at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/testing-international-air-travelers.html.
Michigan State’s current guidelines located on the Office of International Health & Safety website.
Information, tool kits, one stop for forms and best practices.
College of Arts & Letters Office Operations team members can help you with learning the SAP Concur Travel System in EBS. Contact Office Operations to arrange an online meeting to fill out a travel request or assist with any problems you encounter when filling out a travel expense report.
Quick Link for information on conference fee refunds, canceling air travel and lodging
MSU implemented a new travel system, SAP Concur that aligns with EBS. Travelers can fill out travel requests (pre-trips), submit receipts electronically, prepare and submit travel expense reports and track reimbursements easily. Reference Materials from Travel at State
Setting up Profile Settings
The first time logging in to the SAP Concur Travel tile found in EBS all MSU employees should take time to update their Profile and ensure the information is correct. This incudes verifying your emergency contact information, setting up request and expense delegates and connecting your cellphone and email accounts so receipts can be automatically collected or emailed to your account while traveling.
- Getting Started – User Profile Settings [PDF] Reference Card, quick reference
- Getting Started – User Profile Settings [PDF]User Guides, detailed step by step
- Updating Your Travel Profile [VIDEO]
- How to Enroll in My Travel Network [VIDEO]
- Activating E-Receipts [VIDEO]
- Receipt Management [VIDEO]
- Assistants and Delegates [PDF]User Guides, detailed step by step
Travel Requests (Pre-Trip Authorizations)
After the Travel Profile is set up you are ready to do your first Travel Request. A Travel Request is the new terminology for Pre-Trip Authorization. All travel must have an approved Travel Request prior to travel taking place. This includes travel that’s self-funded or funded by another organization. Travel Requests let’s MSU know where you are in case of an emergency, allows MSU to quickly identify who to contact if you have had an emergency while traveling. Approved Travel requests also make you eligible for MSU insurance coverage if something happens while you are traveling on MSU business.
Travel Expense Reports
- Expense [PDF]Reference Card
- Expense [PDF]User Guides, detailed step by step
- Expense Approvals [PDF}Reference Card
Booking Travel through Concur
- Booking Travel [PDF]User Guides, detailed step by step
- Concur Search by Flight Number [PDF]User Guides, detailed step by step
Additional Tips and Tricks
- Multiple & Blanket Requests[PDF] Use a blanket travel request for staff or faculty to provide umbrella coverage for in-state travel for a specified period. This is great for staff or faculty who are on and off campus preparing to host guest speakers or events.
- Group Travel Request Guidance [PDF]
- Standard Routing and Ad hoc Routing [PDF]
- Allowances – Per Diem and Lodging [PDF] The new SAP Concur Travel solution automatically calculates per diem and lodging. The first time you’re trying to find where to apply per diem for your travel report, you will likely need help. (HINT: It’s not called Per Diem). This hand guide will help you find what you need to know.
- Personal & Non-Reimburseable Expenses [PDF]
- Limiting Reimbursements [PDF] Some departments and/or grants limit the amount of money that can be spent on travel. There is a way to limit what is reimbursed. This tip sheet will walk you through that process.
- Converting Foreign Currency [PDF] One of the favorite features of the new SAP Concur Travel Solution is that it easily calculates currency conversions.
- Request Guidelines [PDF]
- Preferred Travel Agencies Benefits [PDF]
Every MSU traveler is strongly to download this app and connect it to their Travel Profile. This APP is where you can take a photo of your receipt and save it electronically. The app will read the text, translate the language and make currency conversions for your expense report. It will also store your receipt in MSU’s online Concur Travel Account. The next time you log in, you’ll see the receipt and be able to add it to an Expense Report.
MSU offers our travelers a FREE upgrade to TripIT Pro, a convenient APP to store all of your itinerary details. Download the Free App and set up your free account. Then go into your MSU Concur Travel Tile in EBS and under Profile Settings, link the TripIT account. You’ll automatically be upgraded to TripIt Pro.
- The best source for information on MSU Travel is Travel at State.
- MSU offers various courses throughout the year. Enrollment can be found in EBS under the Courses for MSU Employees tile.
- Travel ListServ Sign up for the Travel ListServ to get periodic updates and news on changes, partnership agreements, policy and procedures.
- Travel Tips Links to the Global Registry, Know before You Go, Motorpool, Conlin Travel, Airline discounts and more.