About Our Photo and Video Services
The College of Arts & Letters (CAL) now offers photo and video services for events, job talks, speaker series, and or classroom/teaching spaces through the MSU Film Lab for all CAL departments, centers, programs, and units. If you are interested in scheduling any of these services, please contact Peter Johnston, Digital Media and Film Production Manager, at email@example.com.
Information and Setup
- Capture includes single camera setup, microphone and onsite camera operator.
- Includes setup, capture, basic editing and consulting on how to use the video for impact.
- Basic editing includes MSU branding, titles, caption generation, audio/color adjustment.
- A discount of $50 per hour of capture will be given for projects scheduled more than 2 weeks in advance.
Event Series/Speaker Series Rates
- Event series are workshop or speaker series sponsored by a unit which are topically themed or connected across events.
- Event series on campus or in the East Lansing area (3 or more events in a semester or academic year).
- $150 per hour of capture.
Individual Events/Classroom/Job Talks Rates
- Individual events, job talks, classroom, or one-time guest lectures/speakers.
- Individual event on campus or in the East Lansing area.
- $250 per hour of capture.
Alternatives to the MSU Film Lab Services
If we are not available for your event or you wish to explore options, here are several campus alternatives.
- ITS Video services ($) – Contact Alyssa Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Borrow camera from the Film Lab for capture (free) – Contact Peter Johnston at email@example.com
- Borrow Padcaster setup from College of Arts and Letters (free) – Contact Penny Shanks at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use a personal device to capture such as phone or laptop.
Any video can be uploaded to MSU Mediaspace for distribution and auto captioning. MSU Medispace is accessed at http://mediaspace.msu.edu/ and by using your MSU NetID and password,