Meet Dr. Jonathan Ritz
Jonathan Ritz is a licensed counselor and serves as the College of Arts & Letters’ Director of Student Wellness. He is also a faculty member in the Professional and Public Writing program in the Department of Writing, Rhetoric, and American Cultures.
As Director of Student Wellness, Jon works with the College’s Undergraduate Studies team to support the mental health and wellbeing of Arts & Letters students.
- Providing brief drop-in consultation for Arts & Letters students.
- Organizing mental health/wellness outreach programming targeted to Arts & Letters students.
- Working with CAL faculty and staff to help support student wellness.
Consultation with Dr. Ritz
15-minute appointments are available every Thursday 1:30–3:00 pm. These consulting sessions with Dr. Ritz are especially helpful for students with questions about getting connected to CAPS and other campus resources, counseling in general, or other issues and concerns.
Schedule a CAPS Counseling Appointment
Use the form below to schedule a CAPS counseling appointment.
In Crisis / Emergency
Students in need of immediate crisis services can:
- Call CAPS CRISIS Line at any time (24/7/365) 517-355-8270, prompt ‘1’ to talk with a crisis counselor.
- Call 9-1-1.
- Go to the closest emergency room if it is safe to do so.