The CAL Technology Office collaborates with faculty in the College to provide support for technology and innovation projects and initiatives with a focus on teaching, learning, and research.
Return to Campus Reminders:
- Computers that remained on campus will need to update upon start, this could take a few hours given the time that has passed. Please take that into consideration for anyone who may be returning for their first day back on campus.
- Devices need to be re-registered with DCHP once on campus to access the MSU Network.
- A DHCP registration that has been inactive for at least 90 days will expire. Returning customers then need to re-register
- This applies to phones, tablets, and computers
- If your computer is connected to a dock and has a wired connection, registration will need to be done for both wired and wireless connectivity
- Registration: https://dhcp.msu.edu/register
- More information/help: https://dhcp.msu.edu/help/
Friendly Reminder: Everyone must submit their own help ticket when in need of assistance. Email email@example.com or call (517) 432-6200 – their call center is active.
Note: Conference room scheduling for some buildings have shifted from meetings.cal.msu.edu to Outlook. More buildings and associated conference rooms will be slowly moved over, please use meetings.cal.msu.edu (vpn required to use) until then.
In Microsoft Outlook, rooms can be scheduled by navigating to Shared Calendar > Add Calendar > From Room List > [pop up window] Choose Name only next to Search > Double click to add and press ‘Ok’ > Room Calendar will appear to make an appointment.
- Buildings on new system: Linton Hall & Kresge
Electronic and Information Technology (EIT) Process – Allows for a Security, Accessibility and Policy review of a purchase request.
- Website Access
- Items not purchased directly through the MSU Tech Store
MSU community access resources that enables a successful transition to remote teaching and working.
Cameras, iClickers, Microphones, Podiums, Portable sound systems, Speakers, Video Projectors
SpartansLearn is a place to find technology training and other professional development opportunities for the MSU community.
Online courses available to MSU for software, creative, or business skills by industry experts.
- Join the Spartan 365 Power Hour Team – The Spartan 365 Power Hour is a weekly webinar series that discusses all aspects of Spartan 365. Join each week for answers to questions and learn about different tools available to you through Spartan 365.
- Creating Custom Teams Backgrounds – Ken Desloover (2020)
- SharePoint – Melissa Staub (2020)