June 26 – 28
We would like to inform you of a few changes taking place to the MSU College of Arts & Letters Arts Weekend programming. Due to all university-sponsored travel (international and domestic) being suspended at MSU, the students and faculty will not be in attendance this year which means some of the original activities planned will be altered. Although the students and faculty cannot participate, the MSU Alumni band Dangling Participles will still perform and many other activities will remain the same, we will also have a new events to look forward to.
- Private porch receptions and gourmet dinners
- An enjoyable evening of musical theatre with a performance by MSU Department of Theatre students
- Discussion and tour of the Mackinac Island Manoogian Art Collection
- The Sounds of Religion — A presentation by Amy DeRogatis, Professor of Religious Studies, and Isaac Weiner, Associate Professor of Comparative Studies and Associate Director of the Center for the Study of Religion at The Ohio State University
- Timeless Fashion — A fashion show with student-designed garments and a presentation by faculty from the Apparel and Textile Design program and Rebecca Schuiling, Assistant Professor in the Department of Theatre
- The Dangling Participles — Bluesy Americana Music entertainment, a band composed of MSU faculty and alumni
- More activities to be announced soon
Arrive: Friday, June 26, 2020
Depart: Sunday, June 28, 2020
- Standard Room: $1,185 per couple, $1,085 single
- Lakeview: $1,685 per couple, $1,585 single
Stay additional nights Sunday, June 28, and/or Monday, June 29, for $259 per room, per night. (additional fees apply)
- Full breakfast and five-course dinner daily
- Friday evening welcome reception
- Saturday evening reception
- All theater, art, music performances, and seminars
- Free admission to the Richard and Jane Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum
- Special discount on ferry boat tickets
- No tipping within Grand Hotel
A portion of your reservation fee will help support the Grand Hotel Endowed Scholarship for Arts & Letters, assisting students interested in exploring creativity inside and outside the classroom.
Activities to be announced soon!
The Grand Hotel Endowed Scholarship for Arts & Letters, created by the Musser Family, supports students wishing to pursue creative endeavors both inside and outside the classroom. A portion of your reservation fee will help support this important scholarship. To give directly to the Grand Hotel Scholarship visit Giving to MSU.