ABOUT THIS AWARD
This award is open to current MSU faculty members who have a sustained record (generally 3+ years) of substantial teaching responsibilities (generally 1 class/semester) for Michigan State University and who have implemented creative and engaging ways that foster student learning.
Only one individual may receive this award, which is intended to be a surprise to the recipient.
The award is designed to recognize faculty who:
- Demonstrate energy and enthusiasm for engaging students in their learning.
- Inspire students in unique ways or challenges them in innovative ways.
- Create in their students a sense of intellectual curiosity, exciting them about learning.
- Nurture and empower students to enact change on their own and in the lives of others.
- Extend learning in innovative ways beyond the walls of the traditional classroom.
- Implemented learning outcomes assessment and exhibited a commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Have influenced others to enhance their teaching by sharing their knowledge.
There is no limit to the number of individuals who may be nominated from the College of Arts & Letters. This is the first step in initiating the nomination process for the President’s Distinguished Teaching Award. The College of Arts & Letters Award Committee will review all submissions. Once the nomination has been approved by the committee, you will then complete and assemble the nomination packet according to the All-University Awards requirements for the President’s Distinguished Teaching Award.
NOMINATOR STATEMENT (no more than 3 pages): Be certain to address nominee’s ability achieve the above criteria.
DEADLINE APRIL 15.
Click HERE to nominate.