The UX Intern works with the College of Arts & Letters’ Marketing Director and Web Developer to support a wide variety of projects that contribute to various web properties for our units and departments. These projects include, but are not limited to: content updates, architecture & navigation planning, content migration & site building, page layout design, and other general needs. Other responsibilities include providing support to property administrators, writing and updating documentation, and training students, faculty, and staff on various web platforms. This is a paid internship with a flexible weekly schedule commitment of 12-40 hours during Summer 2022. The candidate will have the choice of working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid schedule this summer. This internship position has the potential to continue in Fall 2022.
- Assist to design pages for web properties representing projects, units, programs and faculty members.
- Create and update architecture and navigation for existing and new web properties.
- Write documentation and training guides on new web functions and features.
- Analyze user flows to improve navigability of college department properties.
- Audit analytics to understand and research user behavior.
- Train other interns, graduate students, faculty and staff on various web platforms used throughout the College.
- Provide support and assistance to those working on web projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Strong interest or work experience in web development/design/architecture and project management.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong interest in digital and web as a tool for connection and building an online community.
- Strong interest in promoting the liberal arts and our unit/departmental programs.
- Experience with various kinds of technology and/or interest in learning about technology.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS is a plus, but not necessary.
- Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to details and be deadline-oriented.
About the MSU Content Studio
The MSU Content Studio is an experiential learning opportunity for undergraduate students interested in gaining real-world hands-on experience in graphic design, journalism, PR, marketing, web development, video/film, and social media prior to graduation. Fueled by student lead innovation and insight, MSU Content Studio interns work across disciplines and majors to create MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES (digital and print) that drive audience engagement for clients on campus such as academic programs, admissions, alumni relations, and community outreach. This gives students the opportunity to put into action the writing, research, design, and technology skills that students gain in the classroom to develop creative solutions for real world projects such as multimedia, writing, social media, story development, web design, and public relations. To learn more, visit the MSU Content studio website at contentstudio.cal.msu.edu.
To apply for the position please visit Handshake: https://msu.joinhandshake.com/edu/jobs/6375887
OR submit your application with resume and cover letter (and portfolio link, if applicable) to Marketing Director Ryan Kilcoyne (email@example.com) by May 6, 2022.