The MSU Content Studio is looking for individuals with attention to detail to develop marketing, communications, and social media content that promotes and advances the College mission and priorities. This position is for the Fall semester 2022 and Spring semester 2023 (paid position). The Communications and Social Media Strategist works with the College of Arts & Letters’ Marketing Director, Senior Writer, and Digital Communications Manager to help tell the story of the College including our students, programs, faculty research, and alumni.
This internship is paid and can be taken for MSU credits. Our past interns have gone on to work at organizations such as Facebook, BuzzFeed, Refinery29, Target, and Instagram just to name a few. A passion for writing is a must.
- Write news articles for the College of Arts & Letters website and other brand collateral for the College
- Conduct interviews with students, faculty, and alumni to create news content
- Attend events to take photos, conduct interviews, and gather information
- Assist in posting news items to the College of Arts & Letters website
- Assist with social media updates (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- Work out of the office at Linton Hall about 12-15 hours per week during the academic year
- Other duties as assigned
- Current MSU student and in good academic status
- Strong interest or work experience in writing, communication, journalism, social media, and/or PR
- Excellent communication and writing skills a must
- Social media experience (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Basic photography skills
- Experience or interest in creating content and editing websites
- Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline-oriented
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
About the MSU Content Studio
The MSU Content Studio is an experiential learning opportunity for undergraduate students interested in gaining real-world hands-on experience in graphic design, journalism, PR, marketing, web development, video/film, and social media prior to graduation. Fueled by student lead innovation and insight, MSU Content Studio interns work across disciplines and majors to create MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES (digital and print) that drive audience engagement for clients on campus such as academic programs, admissions, alumni relations, and community outreach. This gives students the opportunity to put into action the writing, research, design, and technology skills that students gain in the classroom to develop creative solutions for real world projects such as multimedia, writing, social media, story development, web design, and public relations. To learn more, visit the MSU Content studio website at contentstudio.cal.msu.edu.
To apply, please email your résumé and cover letter as a .PDF file to the MSU College of Arts & Letters Marketing Director, Ryan Kilcoyne, at email@example.com by April 7, 2022.