The College of Arts & Letters is looking for a dedicated individual with an attention to detail to develop marketing, communications, and social media content that promotes and advances the College and its units (e.g. departments, centers, programs). The Communications and Social Media Strategist works with the College of Arts & Letters’ Marketing Director and the Senior Writer to help tell the story of the College including our students, programs, faculty research, and alumni. This is a paid position.
This internship is paid and can be taken for MSU credits. Our past interns have gone on to work at organizations such as Facebook, BuzzFeed, Refinery29, and University of Michigan just to name a few. A passion for writing is a must.
- Write news articles for the College of Arts & Letters website and other brand collateral for the College
- Conduct interviews with students, faculty, and alumni to create news content
- Attend events to take photos, conduct interviews, and gather information
- Assist in posting news items to the College of Arts & Letters website
- Assist with social media updates (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter)
- Work out of the office at Linton Hall about 20-30 hours per week during the summer
- Work out of the office at Linton Hall about 12-15 hours per week during the academic year
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a primary student in the College of Arts & Letters
- Strong interest or work experience in writing, communication, and/or PR
- Excellent communication and writing skills a must
- Social media experience (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Basic photography skills
- Experience or interest in creating content and editing websites
- Must work well with a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline-oriented
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
To apply, please email your résumé and cover letter as a .PDF file to Marketing Director Ryan Kilcoyne at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 6, 2021.