The MSU Content Studio is looking for a Photo Specialist (internship) to capture portraits and photos of people at college events for articles, web, and social media. This position will help promote and advance the mission and priorities of the College of Arts & Letters through the use of photos and images.
The Photo Specialist works with the College of Arts & Letters’ Marketing Team to help tell the story of the College including our faculty, research, programs, alumni, and students. This position will also produce photography for different social media channels to connect with audiences at MSU and beyond.
This position is available for the 2023 and 2024 academic years. Incoming student(s) may start as early as summer 2023. This internship is paid and can also be taken for MSU credit hours. Our past interns have gone on to work at organizations such as Facebook, BuzzFeed, Refinery29, Target, and Instagram just to name a few.
- Photograph campus events, performances, exhibitions, classrooms, academic programs, spaces, buildings, and the MSU campus environment.
- Work and collaborate with content writers to assist with photos (image creation, image search, editing, cropping) needed for news stories/articles.
- Work with social media interns and the marketing office to photograph content for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Photo and image editing/curating.
- Develop photo archives and photo files/albums for broader use by content writers and creators.
- Capture portraits and headshots of faculty, staff and students
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current MSU student and in good academic standing.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Strong interest or work experience in visual storytelling and photography.
- Work between 10–18 hours per week during the semester (summers are more flexible and available for more hours).
- Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and take initiative.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline oriented.
About the MSU Content Studio
The MSU Content Studio is an experiential learning opportunity for undergraduate students interested in gaining real-world hands-on experience in social media, photography, video, journalism, PR, marketing, graphic design, web development, and video/film prior to graduation. Fueled by student-led innovation and insight, MSU Content Studio interns work across disciplines and majors to create MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES that drive audience engagement for clients on campus such as academic programs, admissions, alumni relations, and community outreach.
This gives students the opportunity to put into action the content development, writing, research, design, and technology skills that students gain in the classroom to develop creative solutions for real-world projects such as social media, story development, articles, web design, and public relations. To learn more, visit the MSU Content Studio website.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and links to three work examples to MSU College of Arts & Letters Videographer, Ryan Frederick, at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2023.