As we approach the school year, MSU is planning to welcome more Spartans back to campus. Safety is our highest priority and we are working hard to support an engaged and connected experience for all. The Together We Will website provides the latest information on planning and preparation. Success will take all of us working together.
For Faculty and Staff
For further information from the university, please visit: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/faculty-staff/.
- The MSU campus remains open for essential functions only. More information about working remotely is available at: remote.msu.edu.
- Access to high-speed internet is critical for working remotely. Please visit the following link for resources that are available: https://remote.msu.edu/learning/internet.html.
- Access to high-speed internet is critical for remote instruction and online classes. Please visit the following link for resources that are available: https://remote.msu.edu/learning/internet.html.
- MSU is offering a variety of workshops on all aspects of virtual instruction. Learn more about transitioning your courses to use online resources at: remote.msu.edu/teaching/training-and-workshops.html.
- For updated information on travel advisories, please visit: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/travel/.
- Staff are committed to providing the same level of support regardless of whether they are working remotely or on campus. To facilitate this, the following guidelines are recommended: https://cal.msu.edu/fall-2021-guidelines.
For further information from the university, please visit: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/students-parents/
- Advising will continue through online conferencing. Find out more about contacting your advisor at: cal.msu.edu/currentstudents/advising/lead-advisor.
University and College Events
- For a list of college event cancellations and updates, please visit: events.cal.msu.edu.
COVID-19 Emergency Financial Aid for Students
- The College of Arts & Letters has set up an emergency fund for students due to the hardship COVID-19 has caused financially. Please follow the guideline below to apply for funding:
- Complete the application form. NOTE: you must sign in using your MSU NETID, not your Google credentials. https://forms.gle/FdgCAEggZHVKQZEr9
- Decisions about funding will depend on the individual situation of each student and will be funded by the College of Arts & Letters. Students must be a College of Arts & Letters primary major.
- A College Committee will review applications twice per week and make decisions about your funding. You may receive a call from the College to seek clarification of your responses.
- The Office of Financial Aid will be contacted for information about student’s existing aid package and to determine what type of award each student may receive.
- A university list of off-campus housing and financial resources are available to students: off campus housing and financial assistance.
- College of Arts & Letters physical and mental health resources, financial aid, housing and food options, virtual career fairs, and unemployment information can be found here.
For Parents and Families
- MSU has created a toll-free hotline to address questions from students, parents, and their families: 888‑353‑294
- For information on current Residential and Hospitality Services (RHS) housing please visit https://liveon.msu.edu/coronavirus.
- For updates from the university and president, please visit: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/.
Dean’s Office Communications
- September 10, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Functional Staff Team Structure Update
- June 10, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Planning for the Future of Work
- May 21, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Return to Campus Pre-Planning
- May 5, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Expectations of Another COVID Summer
- April 21, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – A Message to Our College Community Following the Chauvin Conviction
- March 19, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – An Open Letter to Our MSU Asian Pacific Islander Desi American and Asian Communities
- February 25, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Covid Relief Fund Update and Spring Semester Information
- December 22, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – 2021 Spring Semester College Update
- December 21, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Winter Solstice Message to Faculty and Staff
- October 28, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – College Plans for Spring 2021 Semester
- August 19, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Changes to Fall Semester 2020
- August 10, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Fall 2020 Service Expectations for Staff
- July 30, 2020 – A Conversation with Associate Dean of Undergraduate Studies Cara Cilano with Parents and Students (Video)
- June 17, 2020 – A Conversation with Dean Christopher P. Long With Alumni & Friends (Video)
- May 23, 2020 – Associate Dean Sonja Fritzsche and Associate Dean Bill Hart-Davidson – A Message of Reassurance
- April 10, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – From His Home to Yours (Video)
- March 19, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – How Alumni & Friends Can Support MSU Students
- March 16, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Adjusting Expectations with Staff & Faculty
- March 13, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – College Update Regarding Remote Working
- March 11, 2020 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Support for Remote Teaching
- September 13, 2021 – Dean Christopher P. Long – Functional Staff Team Structure Update
College COVID-19 News Stories
- For all the latest news stories about how are students, faculty, staff, and alumni, are making a difference in the world during this pandemic, please visit http://www.cal.msu.edu/covid19news.
- For all the latest updates regarding university communications related to COVID-19, please visit: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/communications/