Effective March 12, 2020 all academic advising for the College of Arts & Letters will be available virtually.
DEPARTMENT & PROGRAM ADVISOR APPOINTMENTS
Please set up an appointment to meet with your advisor through the Student Information System at https://student.msu.edu. Appointments will take place via Zoom video conference. If you are unable to utilize Zoom for your appointment, please indicate in the appointment notes that you would prefer a phone appointment and include the number at which you can be reached. Additionally, please do not hesitate to email your advisor with questions and they will be happy to assist you in any way possible.
CAREER OR INTERNSHIP APPOINTMENTS
Career or internship advising in the College of Arts & Letters will continue through phone or Zoom appointments. To schedule a career or internship advising appointment, please go to https://msu.joinhandshake.com.
NOTE: Access to high-speed internet is critical for remote instruction, online classes, and advising appointments. Please visit https://remote.msu.edu/learning/internet.html for available resources.
How to Use the Appointment System
- To make an appointment, go to https://student.msu.edu
- Log in with your MSU NetID and password, and two-factor authentication
- Select the Academic Progress tile
- Click the tab on the left, labeled Advising/Tutoring Appointments
- Click Create New Appointment in the upper right corner
- Category: choose Advising
- Advising/Tutoring Unit: select College of Arts & Letters
- Appointment Reason: select the applicable reason (i.e. Experience Architecture, Interdisciplinary Humanities, etc)
- Additional Information: include further details to help the advisor prepare for your appointment (required)
- Appointment Type: select Zoom (only available appointment type as of right now)
- Click on Select Advisor
- Click the Time Selected drop-down menu to view available times
- Click on Select Time to confirm the appointment
- Click Book It!”
Have Questions about making an appointment?
For in-depth instructions on how to schedule an appointment, visit the SIS Help page.