Alumni play a large role in determining the future and continued development of their alma mater…
As an alum, you have a unique opportunity to help engage prospective students, talk to prospective families about what MSU means to them, and articulate to prospective students the reasons why you attended MSU and what it means to you today.
Make a gift and tell others why you give. Every gift counts here at MSU – and helps MSU and the College succeed. Philanthropy plays an important role in helping students reach their academic dreams.
The Excel Network thrives on the alumni-to-student connection to help each grow and develop professionally. We seek to integrate alumni into our programming and events in order to share your knowledge and expertise with students that are eager to learn about navigating life beyond MSU and their professional lives.
What is the Excel Network?
The Excel Network establishes and supports a holistic approach to experiential learning, career education, student advising, and alumni networking in the College of Arts & Letters to chart successful paths to meaningful careers. The Excel Network focuses on six goals to help students:
- Career Communities: Customized career communities that offer tailored opportunities, resources and events based on industry and career interests
- Connecting with Alumni: Establishing valuable internship & career connections; Exposure to alumni as mentors, panelists, guest speakers, and networking event hosts
- Domestic & International Internship Opportunities: International internships offered in over 12 countries; Study away internship programs offered in NYC, DC, and San Francisco
- Service Learning & Undergraduate Research: Program offerings and resources for service learning and undergraduate research opportunities
- Advising for Careers, Internships, & More: A dedicated team of staff and peer advisors to provide students a competitive advantage in the marketplace
- World-class Study Abroad & Study Away Programs: Over 80 unique study abroad programs in 40 countries; Study away programs in NYC, LA, Puerto Rico, Chicago, and Silicon Valley
Working with Us
Interested in getting involved with the Excel Network? Here’s how!
- Offer internships and job shadows for students at your organization
- Attend an Excel Network event
- Take part in coffee chats and informational interviews with students
- Participate in event panels – in person or virtually
- Give a presentation in career strategies at a class
- Connect us to your organization to recruit and hire College of Arts & Letters students
- Participate in resume/cover letter reviews or mock interviews to help students prepare professionally
- Host a site visit to your organization
Interested in keeping up to date on ways to get involved with the Excel Network? Here’s how!
- Arts & Letters Connect is an alumni-student mentoring and networking hub within the MSU Connect platform. Click here to create an account and start engaging with current College of Arts and Letters students
ARTS & LETTERS
Mentoring and networking hub for College of Arts & Letters students and alumni