The MSU Content Studio is looking for individuals with attention to detail to capture photos and videos of college events and develop short-form promotional content and images for social media. This internship will help promote and advance the mission and priorities of the College of Arts & Letters though developing and sharing content and positive messages about the College and liberal arts across communications channels.
The Photo & Video Specialist works with the College of Arts & Letters’ Marketing Director and Videographer to help tell the story of the College including our faculty, research, programs, alumni, and students. This position will also produce and post content across social media networks to connect with audiences at MSU and beyond.
This position is for the Fall 2022 semester and Spring 2023 semester (paid position). This internship is paid and can be taken for MSU credits. Our past interns have gone on to work at organizations such as Facebook, BuzzFeed, Refinery29, Target, and Instagram just to name a few.
- Ideation of social media content to promote college events and initiatives using social media trends.
- Develop social media content using videography, photography, and motion graphics (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter).
- Monitor, track, and listen on social media to identify influencers, trends, and user-generated content to share.
- Photograph and capture video of campus events within the college.
- Work with Videographer and Marketing Director on the production of short-form content/micro documentaries of faculty research and promotional content for student programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current MSU student and in good academic standing.
- Strong interest or work experience in visual storytelling, marketing, and photography.
- Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
- Social media experience working with business/organization social accounts, as well as personal accounts (e.g., Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter).
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and take initiative.
- Must work well independently and as part of a team, demonstrate attention to detail, and be deadline oriented.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
About the MSU Content Studio
The MSU Content Studio is an experiential learning opportunity for undergraduate students interested in gaining real-world hands-on experience in social media, journalism, PR, marketing, graphic design, web development, and video/film prior to graduation. Fueled by student-led innovation and insight, MSU Content Studio interns work across disciplines and majors to create MEMORABLE EXPERIENCES that drive audience engagement for clients on campus such as academic programs, admissions, alumni relations, and community outreach.
This gives students the opportunity to put into action the content development, writing, research, design, and technology skills that students gain in the classroom to develop creative solutions for real-world projects such as social media, story development, articles, web design, and public relations. To learn more, visit the MSU Content Studio website.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and links to three work examples to MSU College of Arts & Letters Videographer, Ryan Frederick, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Sept. 21, 2022.